Love Thy Neighbor
Banana Bread Recipe
I love to make this banana bread for people as a gift. New neighbor just moved in, friend hosting a party, family member in need of a little extra love - have no fear this banana bread recipe is here.
As with all of the recipes that are being shared here, this banana bread is plant-based. That means, you will not find any eggs, butter, or milk in it. However, don't let that scare you away. This bread is moist, fluffy, and oh so delicious. I can't wait for you to make it and share it with someone you love.
As an added bonus from my heart to yours there is a free printable recipe card that will fit perfectly into a 4x6 frame. You can attach the card to the bread when you give it as a gift, print it and hang it in your kitchen as decor, or, because I know you are going to love it just as much as I do, file it away with all of your other most favorite recipes.
Love Thy Neighbor Banana Bread
- 1½ cups - mashed up, overripe bananas / 3 medium
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp - olive oil
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp - full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup - brown raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp - lemon or lime juice
- ½ cup - walnuts, chopped + more for sprinkling
- 1½ cups - all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ tsp - baking powder
- 1/3 tsp - baking soda
- 1½ tsp - cinnamon
- ½ tsp - nutmeg
- Set oven to 350° F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Move the oven rack a notch down from the middle position.
- In one bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In another bowl combine all wet ingredients plus ½ cup walnuts.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ones in three batches mixing well each time. Mix until there is no dry flour left, but be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the bread batter into the pan and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake for about 65-70 minutes, the exact time depends on the individual oven. Remove from the oven and let it cool down completely before cutting.